Thursday, April 05, 2018

ACA days




The view from my desk in a cozy, private room.


Leaving for the beach shortly. Hope I can find my way out of the neighborhood. When I arrived, all the local streets were torn up by a massive, ongoing utility project. Bulldozer and diggers like angry dinosaurs on every lane.


I made a lot of Dirty Thread.  I wish I had prepped (measured and wound) more, cause this is the fun part.

With every dye session, comes a giant ground cloth. This one has some potential. I only had the wet studio to myself for one day so further development will have to wait until I get home. there will be soy resist, over-dyeing and be discharging for a map quilt.


4 comments:

Liz A said...

Yea! I just used up a greens-yellows-with-spots-of-red batch ... eagerly awaiting your shop notice!!

Joanne S said...

You hit the ground running, didn't you!!!!
Awesome ground cloth--really awesome!!!!!!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

am so glad you are there and a MAP cloth....

susan hemann said...

lovely threads! I would love to purchase some but not sure how?